July 17, 2011

Work, work, work

I have a horrendous migraine right now so this won't be a long post. Some people wonder how I can even look at the computer with a horrible migraine, but having chronic migraines for 7 years plus completing 4 years of nursing school with no breaks makes you get used to doing anything with a pounding head. Plus writing is therapeutic for me, so if I can worry less by venting on here maybe my head will feel better?

I start my new nursing job this week, night shifts. I am working for a private company. I also have a job interview on Tuesday for another private company. I will have to be honest and tell the Tuesday company that I work for the other company, however a classmate recently told me she doesn't think the place I'm interviewing for because I work for the other place because they're apparently somewhat competitive. So that has me a bit anxious because I can't get enough work with just one casual job and I really like both companies. So I will try not to be anxious about it and we will just have to see what happens I guess. I'm still trying to get into the hospitals here, I've been trying for 3 months with no luck. Keeping my head up and my fingers crossed.

It's tough with Greg working Monday to Friday days and me working evenings, weekends, and nights. In May and June we were both unemployed and saw each other all the time, so this is tough to get used to. We just have to treasure the time we do have together. The other day he bought me a graduation present, he took me into a jewellery store and bought me real diamond earrings, Canadian diamonds, 14k white gold. I was completely shocked and surprised! Three years with my ex I never got diamonds. I never have from anybody, nor have I ever owned a pair of nice earrings. He truly is amazing. Next week we'll have been dating 6 months, it feels like so much longer because I can't imagine not having him in my life. It's the first time I've ever really been in love, and it's amazing.

This weekend I'm going to Vancouver to see my family for my dad's birthday. But because of my work and Greg's work we're only going for one night which sucks. At least it's better than nothing.

Okay, got to lie down with an ice pack now.

No comments:

Post a Comment